Verato Smart Views present a single best view of a user's identity composed using core, extended, and custom attributes. Organizations can create many different Smart Views, each suited to the needs of a specific audience or application.
Smart Views allow you to go beyond a traditional master view or golden view. Smart Views allow administrators to manage data governance and create multiple composite views to provide the right data, at the right time, for the right workflow.
Smart Views can also help you ensure only relevant data—for example, core attributes such as name, license number, phone number, etc.—is exposed to your end users without revealing any sensitive or restricted data persisted in Provider Data Management.
Each distinct Smart View is assigned a unique name, and can be configured to control:
- Which data attributes are included in the Smart View
- Which data sources contribute to the Smart View
- What cardinality should be assigned to each attribute (1-to-many)
- What logic should be used to order and select the ‘best’ attribute value (for example, most recently updated, or based on a source priority)
For example, you might define two Smart Views—one, named “Contact Info”, designed to deliver only name, address, phone and email; and the second, named “License Details” designed to deliver all the national and state licensing identifiers assigned to the individual. The Contact Info view could be defined to include a single best attribute value for name, address, phone number, and email address, where the best attribute value is determined by a combination of source priority ranking and most recently asserted. The License Details view could be defined to include a single name, and all known identifier values, such as NPI , DEA number and State License ID for the individual.
When interacting with Verato’s web services, you can specify in your web service request which Smart View (or Views) you want to receive back in the web service response via the “responseIdentityFormatNames” element in the web service request.
How to enable Smart Views
All Provider Data Management customers can use a set of predefined Smart Views:
- DEFAULT – Returns all attribute values from all source records–it is a superset of all data known for a given Link ID.
- GROUP_BY_SOURCE – Returns all attribute values from all source records, but it is grouped into an identity object for each distinct source record (Source + Native ID).
- LINK_ID_ONLY – Returns only Link ID and Source + Native IDs.
- Most recently asserted – Returns a single attribute value for each attribute, where the single value is selected based on the most recently asserted attribute value.