Verato Auto-Steward provides an interactive, cloud-based identity resolution service that:
- Receives two sets of identity data as inputs,
- Uses Verato’s proprietary referential matching approach to determine whether the two sets of
identity data in fact represent the same person, and
- Responds with an indication whether the two identities represent the same person, as well as
appropriate supporting evidence from Verato’s comprehensive reference database of US-based identities.
Verato Auto-Steward is an ideal solution for organizations with existing Master Data Management (MDM) or Master Patient Index (MPI) software that generates a large volume of potential duplicates for manual review by a data steward.
Organizations commonly use Auto-Steward when they need to improve matching performance of a current MPI or MDM system, have a backlog of data stewardship tasks awaiting manual resolution, or are merging or acquiring IT systems (leading to an influx of new identities).
Organizations access Auto-Steward either
- Through a Verato-managed batch process in which the customer provides possible duplicates in a pipe-delimited ASCII file, or
- Through an interactive SOAP Web service that may be seamlessly integrated within an existing data stewardship process.
The SOAP Web service is the primary method organizations use to send stewardship tasks directly to Verato Auto-Steward. Using the highly scalable Web service, organizations gain real-time match decisions without the manual review.