The Workspace is where you can search, review, and work with identity records. You can use the Workspace to do things such as:
- Search and review records
- Link and unlink identities
- Merge records
- Create a task and assign it to a data steward for review/action.
What is an identity?
An identity is:
- A single patient identity contains 1 or more source records (Source + Native ID) that have been assigned to the same Link ID. Think of the Link ID as the container or glue for all of the records assigned to it because they are believed to be the same person.
- An identity also represents the Verato reference record for that person, if the source records are definitively matched to a Verato reference record.
In the case of retrieving an identity by its Source + Native ID, the identity may be made up of additional source records with other Source + Native ID combinations. All of the source records will be displayed for the entire Link ID.
Search and View Identities in the Workspace
- On the Stewardship page, click Search identities.
- Select one of the following to search by:
- Demographics — Search by one or more demographics criteria, such as name, address, SSN, zip code, etc.
- Link ID — Select Link ID if you already have a Link ID to search.
- Source & Native ID — Under Source, select a record source from the drop down. Under Native ID, enter the native ID you wish to search.
- Click Search.
- Under Identity Search, select one or more records and then click Add to Workspace.
Patient Identity Workspace
The Patient Identity Workspace is divided into 2 sections: The Identity Explorer and the Identity Workspace.
Use the Identity Explorer to search, retrieve, and examine identities that may need attention from a data steward. Once you locate identities you wish to work with, you will select them and pass them to the Identity Workspace.
- If you wish remove an identity from the current Workspace, select Remove.
- If you wish at add one or more identities to the Workspace, select Add Link ID.
Think of the Identity Workspace as a sort of 'scratch space' for examining identities where you can link, unlink, or merge identities, and/or create stewardship tasks for a data steward to review and act on the identity.
The Identity Workspace shows each identity as a single distinct Link ID in Universal Identity. This Link ID may be comprised of one or many Source + Native ID source records. Use the Identity Workspace to do any of the following:
- Merge Records
- Unlink Records
- Link Records
Merge, Link, or Unlink Identities
- In the Workspace, select one or more records.
- Select one of the following options: Merge Records, Link Selected Records, or Unlink Selected Records.
Creating a New Manual Task
To create a new task so it appears in the Stewardship Task Queue:
- Select one or more retrieved identities.
- Click Create New Task.
- Select a Task Category and Assignee.
For complete details on task management and detailed descriptions for each Task Category, see Assigning and Managing Stewardship Tasks.
- Click Create Task.
- Select a Link ID to view a list of tasks associated with that Link ID.
- Under Tasks Associated with Link ID, select a Native ID to view it.
The Link ID assigned to the identity is displayed at the top of the grouping of data. Below the Link ID is a header row indicating what data value is found in each column (Source, Native ID, First Name, Last Name, and so on).
Each source record is displayed as a single row with one name, one address, one birth date, and so on. The Verato reference identity, if one was matched to your source records, is displayed at the bottom of the grouping of data shaded in light blue with a non-bold outline. If no Verato reference identity was matched to your source records, you will not see any blue-shaded identity data, only your own source records.
Fields and Edit History
Select a Link ID to view the Field and Edit History associated with the Link ID.
- To set a field inactive, select the Set Inactive checkbox.
- Click Yes, Deactivate to confirm.
Once an attribute has been set inactive, it will not be used in future matching decisions.
Confirm Reference Data
When you retrieve an identity whose source records have matched a Verato reference identity record, Universal Identity user interface uses colored shading to indicate where your source record data is similar to Verato’s reference data.
- Green – Indicates source record attribute values that match data from the Verato reference identity record.
- Yellow – Indicates source record attribute values that partially match data from the Verato reference identity record.
- No highlighting – Indicates source record attribute values do not match any of the addresses for the Verato reference identity record
View Created and Last Asserted Dates
When a data value is first posted to Universal Identity and later re-posted to Universal Identity, two datetime values are stored: the first created datetime and the most recently asserted datetime. By default, these values are not displayed when viewing identities in the Workspace, but you can toggle them on or off in the display by clicking the calendar icon.
View Merged Source Records
When a source record is merged into a second source record using the mergeIdentities web service, the merged-away source record is put into a retired state in Universal Identity. Retired source records are not visible by default and cannot be updated.
Retired/merged source records are displayed in a light gray font to indicate that these records are not active records within the Link ID.
If you wish to view a retired/merged source record, click the View Retired icon in the upper right corner.
Retrieve Additional Identities
After you retrieve an identity and view it in the Workspace, you can retrieve additional identities to display multiple identities on the screen at the same time.
- Click Add Link ID to retrieve an additional identity.
- Select options to retrieve an identity by Link ID, by Source + Native ID, or by Demographics Search.
- Click Search.
When retrieving an additional identity by Link ID or Source + Native ID, the additional identity will be added directly to the Workspace display.
When retrieving an additional identity by demographics search, the search results are first displayed in a new view.
Once you have selected the search results you want added to the workspace, click Add to Workspace to show the Selected Identities.
Beneath the Selected Identities you will see a summary of the Link IDs you were previously viewing in the Workspace. Those previous Link IDs are still tracked, and when you click Go to Workspace, the previous and new Link IDs will be displayed together.