The Patient Rejected Overlays queue allows you to assign Rejected Overlay Tasks individually or in bulk.
To view the Patient Rejected Overlays queue, at the top of the page click Stewardship, and then click Patient Rejected Overlays.
An overlay occurs when an attempt is made to update record with new set of demographic data that does not match the record’s current values. More specifically, when a postIdentity web service is used to update a record with a Source + Native ID combination that already exists in the Universal Identity, Verato's algorithm compares the updates against the current values on the record to detect an overlay.
The Patient Rejected Overlays queue contains all the data stewardship tasks that are generated in response to overlays. The changes requested on the incoming postIdentity are rejected and a Rejected Overlay Task is created.
- Select the tasks.
- From the Assign Selected menu, select the data steward.
Assign Bulk Tasks
- On the Patient Rejected Overlays page, click Bulk Assignment.
- Select the responsible data steward and assign the assignment parameters.
- When finished, click Save.
When you open a Rejected Overlay Task, the current values associated with the record are displayed in the left column and the demographic values that resulted in the overlay are displayed in the right column(s).
- If you DO NOT WANT to apply the rejected values, click Reject Overlay. Then, the Status is automatically set to Closed and the Resolution is set to Not Same Person. The assignee is set to the user who is currently logged in.
- If you WANT to apply the rejected values, click Accept Overlay. Then, the Status is automatically set to Closed and the Resolution is set to Same Person. The assignee is set to the user who is currently logged in.