Verato Smart Views present a single "best" view of a user's identity composed using core, extended, and custom attributes. Organizations can create many different Smart Views, each suited to the needs of a specific audience or application.
Smart Views allow you to go beyond a traditional master view or golden view. Smart Views allows administrators to manage data governance and create multiple composite views to provide the right data, at the right time, for the right workflow.
Smart Views can also help you ensure only relevant data -- for example, core attributes such as name, email, phone number, etc. -- is exposed to a call center representative without revealing sensitive data such as SSN, blood type, etc.
Each distinct Smart View is assigned a unique name, and can be configured to control:
- Which data attributes are included in the Smart View
- Which data sources contribute to the Smart View
- What cardinality should be assigned to each attribute (1-to-many)
- What logic should be used to order and select the ‘best’ attribute value (for example, most recently updated, or based on a source priority)
For example, you might define two Smart Views – one, named “Billing View”, designed to deliver the right information you want to make available to employees reviewing billing issues; and the second, named “Outreach View” designed to deliver the right information to a marketing team who is trying to contact customers. The Billing View could be defined to include a single best attribute value for name, DOB, address, phone number, and email address, where the best attribute value is determined by a source priority ranking. The Outreach View could be defined to include a single name, and all available addresses and phone numbers, where the single name is determined by the most recently updated name.
When interacting with Verato’s web services, you can specify in your web service request which Smart View (or Views) you want to receive back in the web service response via the “responseIdentityFormatNames” element in the web service request.
How to enable Smart Views
All Verato Universal MPI customers can use a set of predefined Smart Views:
- DEFAULT – Returns all attribute values from all source records – it is a superset of all data known for a given Link ID.
- GROUP_BY_SOURCE – Returns all attribute values from all source records, but it is grouped into an identity object for each distinct source record (Source + Native ID).
- LINK_ID_ONLY – Returns only Link ID and Source + Native IDs.
- Most recently asserted – Returns a single attribute value for each attribute, where the single value is selected based on the most recently asserted attribute value.
Organizations that have licensed the Verato Consumer Identity™ can create additional, customized Smart Views to serve their unique needs. Contact your Verato Customer Success Representative to get starting with Smart Views in your configuration. If you don't have a Verato Customer Success Representative, please submit a Support Ticket.